Happy Sunday, friends! I hope you are relaxing and enjoying, what I hope is, beautiful spring weather. I’m still living in an aloha haze from our Hawaiian adventures. Is it time to go back yet? Ha!
I’m starting off a series called Weekly 7, where I share seven tidbits on various topics. My hope is this will keep me focused on my blog while creating a strong connection to my audience. In this edition, I’m sharing seven random things about me. Hope you enjoy!
- I love trying new crafts but cross stitch is my go-to. Cross stitch is a lot like piecing together a puzzle. I love watching the picture come together out of just cloth and thread. Plus, I find the practice to be calming and get my best ideas while cross stitching.
- My favorite colors are blue and teal because they remind me of the ocean. The colors show up in every aspect of my life – home decor, wardrobe, our wedding.
- I loathe calling in food orders to restaurants. I’m always happy to go pick up the food, but my husband and friends are always saddled with the job of actually ordering.
- While I love to read, I’m not the type of person who can get lost in a book. Even if the story line is really engaging, I struggle to turn my brain off and fully exit real life. I’ve always admired those who can be truly captivated by books.
- As I’ve gotten older, I’ve worked hard to develop a healthy relationship with food and my body. I’m one of those crazy people who wholeheartedly enjoys exercise and prefers healthy food. Insane, I know.
- I possess an unusually strong association between music and memories. If I hear a song, I can tell you either a specific memory that I relate to it or at the least, what time of my life I associate with it the most.
- The first blog I ever had was a Yahoo! Geocities webpage in 2001. This is also where I learned most of my basic HTML coding abilities. Since then I’ve had far too many blogs to count.